Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Getting a clue?


I managed to make the 4:15 p.m. class with Donovan Waite. It's been a while since I attended one of his classes. I really enjoyed it.

I felt much more comfortable in his class than I have in the past. Usually, I'm just confused, but I found I could pretty much follow the techniques this time around.

Donovan likes to combine waza and otherwise introduce new ways to do old things. He doesn't do it in a gratuitous way, like some, but still I had a hard time in his classes in the past.

I hope this means I'm actually getting a clue, but who knows? Maybe that class was innovation-lite for a reason and next time I'll be just as lost as ever, we'll see!

Anyway, his movements still amaze me. Very strong and very graceful. His aikido is an amazing thing to behold.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So now that you've attained wisdom, you've stopped posting?

AikiPenguin said...

No Sir!

Sorry, I've had to work over time for the last week or so. Guy on vacation in the office.

Things should be back to normal by the weekend.

Thanks for checking in!

Anonymous said...

Hey! What's going on? You haven't posted for a long time!! Guess who i am?

uchi deshi said...

I have a friend who visited the dojo. I would love to visit as well. Maybe someday.

Google